The majority of our event content is submitted by the community. DeafMN does not sponsor or run these events. We moderate but do not edit these events. Contact the event organizer if you have any questions about the event. You are welcome to submit your own event! Read our Event Guidelines to learn how.
- This event has passed.
Art Shanty Projects 2016 On-Ice Program
February 6, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until February 28, 2016
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
*** Art Shanty Projects 2016 On-Ice Program ***
Curious locals, regional artists and thousands of visitors brave deep snowfalls and brisk wind chills to celebrate a uniquely Minnesotan festival on the frozen surface of White Bear Lake, MN. Creative structures, lively performances with audience participation encouraged. Free. Saturdays and Sundays, 10am-4pm, February 6-28, 2016.
- February 6-7: Button making, scavenger hunt, 'Sparkle' parade, children's story hour, and a mysterious roving fox
- February 13-14: Snowflake making, Valentine's creations, fortune telling and a life-sized polar bear puppet
- February 20-21: All Access Weekend includes Audio Described (Saturday) and ASL-interpreted (Sunday) 30 minute tours of the shanty village every hour. Artist-designed kick-sleds, Art Cars and extra volunteers to assist with on ice mobility all weekend. Science, magic, poetry, and song.
- February 27-28: Crossword puzzles and Madlibs, Flamenco dancers, outdoor paitners and an ArtCar Parade.
Location: White Bear Lake County Park, White Bear Lake, MN - Ample parking available in the lot. The On-Ice Program is located approximately 1500 ft offshore and accessed via the boat ramp. We strongly encourage you to dress for cold weather and snow: boots, snow pants, coat, hats, mittens, scarf, etc. to ensure your experience on ice is enjoyable.
ASL/AD: Saturday & Sunday, Feb. 20-21, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Every hour on the hour
- Describers: Connie Fullmer. Saturday, February 20, 2016, Audio Described 30 minute tours of shanties and performances every hour on the hour beginning at the Shanty of Joy and Necessity.
- Interpreters: Keshia Jenkins. Sunday, February 21, 2016, ASL Interpreted 30 minute tours of shanties and performances every hour on the hour beginning at the Shanty of Joy and Necessity.
Phone: 612-567-6844. Email: email@example.com.
Open: Every Saturday & Sunday, February 6-28, 2016, 10am – 4pm